Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Baby


I initially wrote this post the day that I found out I was pregnant, but I didn't want to post it until I had officially got the word out... That took all of about 7 days due to my adorable Husbands severe interest in becoming a daddy and not being able to keep the news from anyone! Haha

Today, I found out I am Pregnant! I am with child! Stefan and I have been trying for 4 or 5 months now and it has been a let down each of those months that we didn't conceive. This month, however, things just felt different. A couple weeks ago, I started this routine of needing to pee every hour. No joke. I'm constantly looking for the closest bathroom. I also started having really weird mood swings. I was crying for no reason. Poor Stefan. Maybe this sounds like PMS to you, but I never really experienced PMS so it was a sign for me. I have anxiously been enduring that 2 week wait, and technically, I am not supposed to start my period for another week. But last night I had 3 dreams right in a row that I took a pregnancy test and it was positive! Perhaps wishful thinking, but I thought it was a sign. So this morning when I woke up, I decided to take a test. It was the same old routine. I peed on the stick and set it down to wait for the LONG 3 minutes. I got in the shower to avoid from peeking. I do this... I am a child. After the shower, I grabbed the test that I had hid on top of the bathroom cabinets. My first impression was, "Great. Negative again". But then I took a closer look and noticed that faint second pink line! I immediately felt a smile sweep across my face and I couldn't contain myself. I kept saying, "I'm pregnant!". Stefan was gone for his morning Air -Force workouts for all of this, so I made the decision to keep it a little secret from him so I could tell him in a clever way. All day at work, I searched the internet about pregnancy stuff. This is all so surreal to me! On my lunch break, I went down to Target and bought some Pre-Natal Vitamins. I felt like such an adult asking the pharmacist where they were located. I have been anxiously awaiting this day. It makes me worry because I had one miscarriage prior to this and I dread that heartbreak. It's so early right now that I know it's still a very likely possibility. I hope that by taking great care of my body, I can help prevent this from happening.





This was me at school - SO happy that I couldn't stop smiling!

I feel like being a Mom is the greatest gift and I know that it will be my role. I pray daily for the strength to become the best mother that I can be. I can't wait for this little bundle of joy to arrive. 9 months is a long time to wait, but I am so excited for the growth, not only in the baby, but in Stefan and I's relationship. We can't wait to be parents. I thank The Lord for this fabulous opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment