Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Stomach Flu & Sick-Baby Soup Recipe

We had a wicked case of the stomach flu hit our house this week.  And I mean wicked.  The strain that forces you to decide between pooping in the toilet and puking on yourself, or puking in the toilet and pooping on yourself.  Never pleasant.  It hit me first, and I am so grateful to my wonderful hubby who took the day off of work to take care of me and the baby.  My electrolytes were so imbalanced that I was experiencing temporary paralysis of my arms.  Try as I may, I could  NOT move or use my arms.  That may have been one of the scariest moments of my life, especially since Dad and baby were out of the house at the time.

The next victims of the wicked sickness were Daddy and Baby.  My poor little family.  There's nothing worse than seeing your little Baby so sick and feeling so helpless.  Though one perk to a sick baby is a cuddly baby.

I whipped up this batch of "Sick-Baby Soup"  for my little Nora and it was so easy I thought I would share for anyone who has a sick baby in the future.  It makes plenty, therefore freezing for future use is a prime option.



Ingredients:
10 Cups of Chicken Stock (I used homemade but you can also use 10 cups of water and 10 tsp. Knorr Chicken Soup Base)
1 Bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 Bag of El Mexicano Letras Noodles (Found in the Hispanic food section of the grocery store)
-Our friend Rhett and Lexie introduced us to these noodles and they are wonderful.  They are cheap, perfect size for babies and I love what they do to the consistency to the soup all on their own.  I imagine they are very fun for toddlers as well - somewhat educating, no?
2 Tsp. Sugar
Season with Basil, Thyme, Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Bring Chicken Stock to a boil.  Add the Frozen Vegetables - Boil for 2 minutes.  Add the Letter Noodles and boil for 7 more minutes. Add sugar and spices.  Let cool - soup will thicken slightly.

That's it! So easy.  I love One-Pot dishes and so does Nora.
Eat it. Freeze it. And save it for a rainy day. ... And remember a very important lesson ..
Never trust a fart when you're sick!


1 comment:

  1. This is the best ๐Ÿ˜† the advice at the end! From another mom and a nurse… I just love the way you wrote this ๐Ÿ˜† so sorry you went through this! Thanks for sharing tips!

    ReplyDelete