Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Basil Cream Chicken Pasta

I FAIL at posting yummy recipes that I "accidentally" concoct.  In fact, I usually forget how I made them and can never replicate!  It's a weakness!  Tonight - after I took the first bite of this pasta, I grabbed my phone and wrote down EXACTLY what I put into it so I could, one day, re-create.  Well .. Not exactly cause heaven knows I eyeball every measurement.  But without further ado, Basil Cream Chicken Pasta.

Chicken:
1 Chicken Breast (cut into small chunks)
1 Egg
1/4 cup milk
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 Tbs. Butter

Dip chicken chunks in egg and milk mixture, followed by bread crumbs.  Cook chicken pieces in melted butter over low/medium heat until cooked through.

Sauce:
2 Tbs. butter
3/4 Cup chicken broth
1/2 Cup heavy cream
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 Tomato - diced
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. sugar
1 Tbs. parmesan
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

Melt 2 Tbs. butter.  Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and pepper.  Cook for 1 minute.  Mix in tomato, basil, sugar and parmesan.  Cook for another minute.  Turn heat to low and add mozzarella.  If needed thicken with mixture of flour and water.  Remove from heat. Salt to taste.

Serve sauce over pasta and chicken and you can die a happy, fed person!




No comments:

Post a Comment