Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Friday, October 28, 2011

Crazy for Fall Dayz

One of my many obsessions: Fall/Autumn.
I love this season so much! However, I hate that Fall only lasts a couple weeks here in Utah Valley. We usually get gipped and it skips straight to winter. I love when there is that crisp cold that stings your nose, but you can still wear a light shirt. The sound of crisping (is that even a word?) leaves under your shoes. Pulling out the scarves and beanies. I just enjoy seeing the seasons come alive and... decorating!

Some fun things I have to document:
First is my wreath! Thanks Pinterest for the great idea. And thanks for giving me all those other ideas that I will never ever have time for.

I love the fun fall colors that it brought into my living room. Obviously an indoor wreath due to paper and Utah weather don't mesh well together.
Next were this delicious little treats I made for a Relief Society get-together. Once again, I owe my thanks to Pinterest. These were so easy and all the girls loved them! Yum!
Donut Holes + Nutella + Sprinkles = Acorn Bites.I even made some on sticks for Stef! Little Acorn Pops you could say.

As of late, I have been a little bit obsessed with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Yes I capitalize because when I was in elementary school, I was taught that you capitalize "important" nouns. These are very important to me.
This girl.. has a wicked cool blog devoted to Grilled Cheese's. grilledcheesesocial.com
She has all these awesome ideas. I never knew so much could go into, what I once thought was a simple sandwich of bread and cheese. Why not pump up the flavor, give it some kick and your taste buds will thank you later!
I am nowhere near as talented as her, but you gotta start somewhere.
For this GC Sandy - I used herbed butter that I DIY'd. The filling consisted of mozzarella cheese, tomato slices, green pepper chunks, basil, and love. You always have to cook with a little love. Any GC Sandwich ideas you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.
Also, does anybody know how the heck to keep a loaf of french bread from going hard so fast??
Please advise me. Thanks!

So Halloween is right around the corner, literally. One day, I was just riding in Stefan's work truck with him and I saw this nifty roll of caution tape. I thought it would be a great Halloween decoration. So I snuck it into my purse and used it to embellish our boring door. I also came up with my own idea for a wreath and made one completely out of popsicle sticks. Pre-School craft? Most likely. But our door is the only one decorated in our whole complex/building so I feel pretty cool about it.
We did have our cute pumpkin on our porch too, but we carved it so early in October that it has already rotted and been thrown in the dumpster. But it was super cute in the days of it's youth.It's a mummy face! If you couldn't tell...

Stay tuned for my next blog post where I tell you all about how I HAND MADE our fun Halloween costumes! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment