Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Nourishment for the spirit.. and the body.

I love General Conference. It gives me time to re-boost my spiritual strength. These sessions seemed to answer my prayers very bluntly, and I am so thankful for that.
Saturday night, after the priesthood session, Stefan and I had a little picnic. I had originally planned it for tons of couples to join us, but people got busy and had other plans. I am glad that it turned out to be just Stefan and I. We don't get tons of time together with school and work so it worked out really well. I made delicious cornbread and chili in mason jars.
So maybe this isn't a picture of my creation, BUT mine did turn out just as cute and probably more delicious than these! I just have this curse where I forget to take pictures of my adorable things, also my camera sucks.

We went up to Rock Canyon Park and found a little spot where we laid down a blanket and watched the stars. It felt like we were dating again. (:
We did a lot of talking and it was so fun. I had this impression all weekend to ask Stefan to bare his testimony to me, I decided this would be a good time to do it.
Ladies: If you haven't heard your husband's testimony in a while, I suggest you ask for it. It's like falling in love all over again. What is it with spiritual guys that makes girls get all googley eyed and emotional? I love it. Stefan has the strongest, purest testimony and it makes me so thankful that I married somebody so amazing, strong, and knowledgeable in the gospel.

Sunday morning we had the Bird's (Clayton and Brittney) over for Conference Breakfast. Go ahead and laugh at me, but I had been looking forward to this for weeks. I wanted it to be the most delicious, cute, and fun breakfast ever.
It didn't exactly make it into the hall of fame, but for my first Breakfast Extravaganza.. I was pretty proud!

Breakfast Bar! French Toast Skewers, Ham and Egg Muffin Cups, Baked Oatmeal, Lemon Blueberry Muffins, and OJ!

Remember these guys?.. Delicious Lemon Blueberry Muffins
181st General Conference (:

Yummy Breakfast!

Stefan's French Toast Skewer...

It was such a great weekend. I was nourished spiritually....
...and physically (;

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with you & your married life. Everytime I read something from you I want to be married!! hahaha Love you cute girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good example to all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete