Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Well That's a First

Tonight I feel like I deserve the worst mother award! Gwen is on Zantac for her reflux. Today I left the bottle on our remote control tray on the couch. Tonight  Nora was watching a movie and I was making dinner when she brought me the bottle and said "all gone". I immediately panicked! Had she drank it all or spilled it somewhere?? I examined the spot where she had been sitting and found no wet spots. However her favorite blanket surely had some of the medicine on it and so did her pants. I tried smelling her breath and didn't seem to smell the medicine but how official could my smell test really be? So I had to do something I've never had to do before and never want to do again. I had to call poison control and explain the situation. Although I am very grateful for the help on the line and how effective the call was I feel TERRIBLE! She had to get all my personal information. I'm sure it has to be reported unless it need be a case for CPS. I almost started crying when she was asking for my address and such. What kind of mom leaves a bottle of prescription medicine out where a toddler could easily get to it!? Although the situation wasn't serious it certainly could have been had it been something more dangerous. My poor baby Nora! This was such a reminder of just how careful I need to be as a toddler'a mother! I hope I never have to contact poison control again! .... Please lie to me and tell me you other moms have had similar situations. Thanks in advance. 

1 comment:

  1. I had to call poison control when Sadie was about Nora's age. She ate some seriously powerful diaper rash cream that I had left out. I felt really bad too. You are a great mom. Don't stress over it.

    ReplyDelete