Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Little Darlin' Is A Firecracker

It's fun to spend your "first" holidays together and to start developing family traditions! I like the idea of making holidays special in our home.  On Sunday night, Stefan and I made some delicious homemade sugar cookies AND homemade cream cheese frosting to decorate them, to begin our Fourth of July celebrations. Stef was such a good help in the kitchen.  We suffer from little-to-no counter space syndrome in our apartment which makes cooking and baking very difficult sometimes.  But we love our adorable apartment, it has character! And we make it work. 
Stefan mixing up the frosting.. adding unnecessary amounts of food coloring.
Notice the lack of counter space, but how cute it that kitchen?!
And how cute is he?...
And everybody knows when there is frosting in the kitchen there is bound to be a frosting fight. 
I was the champ of course (:
And here is the final product! We got a little lazy by the end and just started globbing the frosting on.  I think Stefan may have even eaten more cookies than he actually frosted.. 
Happy Fourth!
On Monday, the 4th, we went to Burston Pond's near Mona, UT.  It was super crowded and overcast which kind of ruined our plans.  But it made for some good entertainment while we watched tons of people make fools of themselves on the rope swings.  Later Stefan and I came home and resorted to our most typical form of entertainment, the dollar theater.  
July 4th, 2011
I love my husband.  I never get tired of saying it.  He is the best thing that ever happened to my life and I love knowing that I get to spend eternity with him.  He's such a strong, loving man and he means everything to me.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment