Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pizza Perfect!


This is a pizza I made from scratch for Stefan and I thought I'd share the recipe! It was so fun to make! I have fallen in love with cooking since I got married! I'm not saying I am any good at it, but I love learning new things and trying new recipes!

Ingredients
1 Rhodes frozen bread loaf
6 ounce chicken breast, skinless and diced
1 cup barbeque sauce, halved
1 cup non-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup cooked bacon bits
Pizza Dough
I suggest using Rhodes frozen wheat loaf.  Place the loaf in a greased bread dish and let it rise for 5-6 hours.  Once the loaf has doubled in height, remove it from the pan and roll into a 12 inch circle (or in this case a heart!)
Pizza
Lightly spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Quickly cook diced chicken, onion, and 1/2 cup BBQ sauce until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.  Pre-bake pizza dough at 400°F for 10 minutes. Spread remaining 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over pre-baked crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese if desired. Arrange chicken/onion mixture, and peppers, on top. Bake at 350° F for 10-15 minutes. Top with cooked bacon bits!


1 comment: