Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Housewife

Since getting married, I have become very interested in cooking, and baking and crafting and creating.  I want to become the perfect wife and (one-day) mother.  
I am slowly learning and in's and out's of domesticating.  
Pinterest makes my life easier somedays, 
and somedays a little harder.
It's like this giant to-do list. Everything I want to do now and in the future.  Not only recipes I want to make this month, but pictures I want to take with my family 12 years from now.  Sometimes it is disastrous. Other times, inspiring.  Anyway, I have been whipping up a lot of new recipes lately, this first one.. to die for.
These lemon blueberry muffins were so good.  I got the recipe from Smitten Kitchen and 
adapted it a little bit to my liking. 
I used a glaze of one cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.  Such a good choice.
The contrast between the sweet blueberries 
and the tart lemon glaze was prime.
Perfect sunday morning breakfast.
The best part about this was that I had left over batter so instead of getting a self-induced stomach ache from eating all the excess batter, I poured it into muffin cups and froze it.  Last night I remembered them in there and let them defrost for about 15 minutes.
Be sure you let them defrost in the muffin tray.  They will freeze pretty flat and need the support of the tray when they defrost or they will spill out all over the counter.  
And I don't know if it was just me, but they seemed even better the second time around.  I have already decided that I am going to make them again this weekend for conference!

I've been obsessed with muffin tin meals lately.  I don't know what it is about those little perfect sized portions that make them so cute.  My first attempt was muffin tin lasagna.  Quite delectable I might add.  Unfortunately, I didn't snap a picture of them.  My next experiment was breakfast one morning.  
These turned out so delicous.  I put bread crumbs in the bottom, wrapped some ham strips around each cup then filled with hashbrowns and poured an egg mixture on top.  Popped them in the oven for a few minutes and voila! Instant breakfast cups.
Last saturday I took the dare.  I got up early to make these little babies.  They were pretty time consuming.  They seemed to take forever, especially since I was hungry and could smell them baking but didn't want to spoil my appetite.
I Intorduce, Home Made Pop-Tarts
Half way through the filling process.


They even look like cute little pop tarts!
 Icing and Sprinkles make them more realistic (:

1 comment:

  1. YUM YUM let's exchange recipes...... I have like 5.... you have like 45..... perfect.

    ReplyDelete