Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to School Blues

With an amazing and memorable summer as the start to our marriage, I am very sad to say goodbye to the good times.  School has begun and that means no more fun :(
Stefan goes to school from 5:45 AM to 8:15 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and then he works full time Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Needless to say, we won't get to see too much of each other.  But I feel extremely blessed to have had such a wonderful summer.  Definitely a beautiful beginning to our life together.  As a tribute to school, I decided to make these adorable apple pops.  What more do you need to get pumped for long nights of studying and hours of homework? .. Joking, obviously.

 
They are just another variation to the chocolate-covered Oreo.  White chocolate with red food coloring for the skin, butterscotch for the flesh, mini-chocolate chips for the seeds and a pretzel stick for the stem.  Fun food for everyone starting school this year!


  
Not so happy about starting school..






My family is in town for pre-wedding festivities.. aka making tissue paper balls and other decor.  I offered to tend the twins yesterday while my parents ran some errands.  They are the most rambunctious set of 6 year olds you will ever meet.  They can't go 5 minutes without touching something or asking me consecutive questions.  I decided to do a "hands-on" activity so they would get their "hands off" stuff in my house. 
We made these cute little bagel pizza faces, and other random decorated pizzas.  Super fun for kids and super tasty for everyone!
Notice that the twins initials are B.S. .. Tell me that doesn't make you smile (:


Brooke and Sydney's Face Creations
All cooked and ready to eat! Sydney's Cat on the left and Brooklyn's .. Frog? on the right.



2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Sounds like they had fun!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy! I stalked your blog for a long time today. You are such an inspiration! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete