Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Campers

I know it's a little overdue, but better late than never right?
Labor Day was a blast. We had a Ruesch Family Reunion and went camping up Provo Canyon. Too bad Brittney and Clayton were in Puerta Vallarta Mexico, (let's keep it simple)
and couldn't enjoy the fun with us.
I am sure they would have much rather been in the mountains,
Sleeping in a tent, than at an all-inclusive resort getting to "know each other".
(;
Just Kidding!
Regardless, we had a great time and it was so fun to
spend time not only with my immediate family,
but with the other Ruesch's that we don't see very often!
And mostly, I love camping at camp grounds with showers!
Stefan and I had our own tent and we slept in it the first night, but we had no air mattress, just sleeping bags. The aches and pains in my back reminded me of this ALL the next day.
So night #2, My gracious parents insisted that we sleep in their tent which consisted of:
Mom, Dad, Sydney, Brooke, Chris, Cousin Chad, Stefan and Myself.
It was a great bonding time! Especially since everybody in that tent had gas from dinner.
They had air mattresses = I slept like a baby.
Nestled between Chrissy and Stef.
Presh.
So like any other Ruesch planned activity, we obviously had to camp close enough to some sort of civilization because we ALWAYS seem to forget something, or think of something that would be convenient at the last minute. I think there were probably 9 trips to the Heber City Wal-Mart, conveniently located 30 miles away, that weekend. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

My cute Brother

Sydney Sue, Brooke ditched me for her cousins all weekend
The Many Stages of Stefan




































He cooked the most amazing dutch oven dinner, yum!
He also got very acquainted with this guy over the weekend...
Every time Stefan was nowhere to be found.. He was hiding in the tent playing Angry Birds on Chris' iPad.
And it has been my worst enemy ever since.
But overall, the trip was so fun! I miss my family already!
We made lots of good memories though, and for that I am so thankful.
and STILL working on his camera smile. we will get there one day.





No comments:

Post a Comment