Blogger news

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my 21st birthday!

 Birthday18weeks 
The truth is, I kept forgetting it was my birthday though.  Birthdays are not all they were when we were elementary age kids.  I still had to go to work and do boring grown up things. But that's OK, because my Hubby knew it was my special day and boy was it special.  He insisted on giving me a present the night before.  I don't like to spoil surprises, but he couldn't wait.  He is the most thoughtful.  He read an article that said pregnant women must have comfortable yoga pants.  These are crucial to the growing belly and the comfort of the mother.  So he was so excited to give me my new yoga crop pants! I am so happy too because all of my sweats just make me look bigger than necessary, but the yoga pants are comfy, stretchy and they also show that I do have legs and a bum.  The next morning as I was getting ready, Stefan kept surprising me with more gifts.  The first was a new bra, because he knew I was desperately in need with these new found ta-ta's of mine.  Thanks for the boulder-holder babe! The next was a new maternity shirt.  I have been whining about wanting some maternity clothes for quite some time now.  The truth is, he listens and all his gifts were something that I have been wanting and asking (whining) for in the past months. I am sick of all my clothes not fitting and he was so sweet to purchase maternity clothes all by himself.  After a couple more gifts, that again were on my list of "things to purchase", we were both off to work.  The sad thing about Stefan working on my birthday was that he missed the most exciting event of the day.  I went for an ultrasound and got to find out my sweet babies gender!  We knew ahead of time that Stefan was going to miss the appointment so I had some great ways to make it special! I purchased the DVD of the ultrasound and we got a print out of pictures too. 
FaceEdit ArmEdit
FootEdit PreciousBabyEdit

Isn't she the cutest ever?  Oh my gosh, I am going to cry ... again!
Now, of course I wasn't going to tell him any old way.  I couldn't just call him and say, "Hey, we're having a ....." ya know?  So, I had a special cupcake made for him.  The outside was all white, gender neutral vanilla.  But the inside filling was either blue for a boy, or pink for a girl.  We had plans for my birthday dinner with friends and I would give him the cupcake then to reveal the gender not only to him, but all our friends too!

The crappy part was waiting....  I picked up Stefan from work in Payson and there he gave me my most exciting present! A sewing machine! I was so happy! I honestly didn't expect any more gifts, but he knew exactly what I had been wanting! I am so excited to use this puppy to make me and my sweet baby things!

Our dinner reservations weren't until 8 and you better believe I made him wait.  I did not tell him, nor did I allude to or hint at what our baby might be.  We finally got to dinner and obviously, he went straight for the cupcake!  Thanks to Anais for taking video of the event!
Cupcake box Bite 

 

 pink filling 
Everyone cheered when they saw the pink filling .. and then Stefan began to cry, and it was the most precious moment of my life.

Mom and Dad 

Gang

Thanks to all of our friends for being there! It was such a fun and special night!  Probably the best birthday present ever was finding out that we are having a daughter.  I am so thrilled.

When we got home, Stefan and I watched the ultrasound and that was the cherry on top of a perfect day.  Seeing out baby move around and kick her little legs was so magical.  She is a real person and it still surprises me every time I think about that.  I love her so much already and I can't wait to spoil her. It's amazing to me, the miracle of life.  Stefan and I can't wait to be parents and are so happy to be having a daughter.  Stefan gets teary-eyed every time he thinks about his little girl and I couldn't be happier.

GirlEdit
It's a girl!







3 comments:

  1. A GIRL??!! YAY! I'm so excited for you both!If you both already cry just thinking about it- just wait! The first moment you hold your sweet baby girl- and look at her knowing your life has completely changed- this baby has changed your title and purpose in life- you will be a mom and dad. Itmakes my tear up thinking about how exciting this next phase in your guys's life is!! Congrats to both of you- sending lots of hugs! And- how bout the fact aht your little girl will have THE most cute hair accessories and shoes! Love yo both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! Oh, I started to tear up when I saw the pink also! Precious! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete